Teacher Resources: Lesson Plans For the Classroom
There’s a wealth of good lesson plans for the classroom on the Internet. This makes it easier for teachers to do their work. Internet resources like worksheets, online games, webquests, online activities, and projects help to make class lessons much more interesting. Here’s a collection of comprehensive teacher resources for the classroom covering various subjects.
- Practice Questions: 9th graders can try these math practice questions on the NASA website.
- Mathematics Lessons: A lot of fun online math lessons covering a wide range of topics.
- IXL: One of the best math websites for kindergarten up to high school students.
- Manipula Math: A great collection of applets on middle school math, trigonometry, calculus, vector, complex numbers, and more.
- Numeracy: The BBC provides math games for children aged 4 to 11.
- Calculation Nation: It’s not much fun playing math games all on your own. Comer here to challenge others!
- Math Webquests: There are some interesting math webquests on this website.
- Math Magazine Webquest: An interesting math project created by Ms. Russo of Merrick Avenue Middle School.
- Africa for Kids: Follow Femi as he takes you on a journey to learn more about Africa.
- Life in the Virginia Colony: Try to answer these 25 questions on colonial Virginia.
- American Idols: A printable worksheet for students to study about a historical figure in America.
- Social Studies Projects: The page provides a good selection of social studies projects on African American Scientists, Abraham Lincoln, Spies of the American Revolution, and more.
- Three Projects: Find out about interesting projects like Egypt, Rome, and “Herstory”.
- Internet Activities: Come here to find a number of online social studies activities for 4th graders.
- Around the World: A social studies webquest for 2nd graders.
- Voice of the Holocaust: 12th grade students will learn much about the holocaust in this webquest.
- Grammar Clamor: Join this interesting webquest to improve your grammar!
- Mrs. Crites’ Grammar Page: A good place for 4th graders to brush up their grammar skills.
- Go for Grammar Gold: Are you good enough to win the gold?
- Present Simple Tense: A grammar worksheet for elementary students.
- Rags to Riches: Players can become rich in this game of subjects and predicates.
- Grammar Blast: Take the quizzes to progress in this webquest.
- Basic Grammar Review: The lesson plan for middle school students uses “Jabberwocky” to review basic grammar rules.
- Grammar Games: A good collection of online grammar games.
- Stellar Snowflakes: A reading worksheet for students in Grades 3 to 5.
- Star Fall: The website provides a number of online reading activities.
- Stories & Activities: Many reading resources for 2nd graders.
- Dolphins: Read the article on dolphins and test your comprehension skills by answering the questions.
- Understanding Nonfiction Texts: The lesson plan prepares K-2 students to predict and gather information by reading nonfiction texts.
- Reading Workshop: Come here to learn such reading skills like phonemic awareness, phonics, vocabulary, reading comprehension, and so on.
- Book Adventure: A motivation program to encourage students in grades K-8 to read more.
- Reading Comprehension: Go through this fun webquest to improve your reading and comprehension skills.
- Make a Weather Station: This worksheet guides students to make a weather station.
- Latent Heat: The lesson plan shows students how to observe latent heat by using a portable hand warmer.
- A Black Box Problem: In this interesting lesson plan, students learn about how they hear.
- Science Activities: These are activities that kids can try at home!
- Demos & Hands-On Activities: The page provides a list of science activities which can be done in the classroom.
- Kinder Garden: A lot of fun activities for kids, including fun project ideas, an art gallery, and more.
- Games: NIEHS Kids offers a good collection of science games.
- Rainforests: A webquest on rainforests with online worksheets.